Monday, December 20, 2010

David's Wedding in Nashville

We just returned from a weekend of celebrating David & Yerusalem's wedding in Nashville

This is a photo from their Ethiopain Brunch. It was a wonderful opportunity to learn more about Yerusalem's culture and eat spicy, delicious food. In that region they eat with their hands which was a big hit with the kids.

I am sad to say we don't have a wedding photo of the happy couple. We were too busy having fun and chasing wild man. He looked especially cute in his little suit :)

My favorite moment of the night was watching David wait for Yerusalem to get off the elevator. There were two elevators and they opened at least 6 times and it wasn't her. The anticipation kept building and then the elevator on the left opened and there she stood, in the corner, light streaming down on her, you can picture it, right? She was radiant, maybe the most beautiful bride I've seen. I always love to see the groom's face when he sees his bride in her dress- it is a once-in-a-lifetime moment- and I got to see it. I'll be thinking of that moment for many years to come...it puts a big smile on my face and a warm fuzzy in my heart!

Welcome to the family Yerusalem!


We went to Opryland (which is amazing) and enjoyed their elaborate Christmas decorations. They had this cool train that Oliver rode with his cousins, Will & Wyatt. He kept saying "choo-choo." Sadly, I think "lovey" is still in Opryland- I hope it likes its new home :) We sure miss it!

Now we are focused on preparing for Reindeer Games, on Thursday, in honor of Oliver's 2nd Birthday.

1 comment:

The Carpenters said...

Yay, welcome home! It sounds like the trip went, overall very well, with a 2yr old. Never uneventful! Glad y'all are back!