Friday, March 11, 2011

Aftershocks

Enjoy these photos from our buddy, Jacob's 4th Birthday Party...

The Thomas Twins. Is that clever or what, 2 in 1 swing? SO CUTE!!!

Charlee


The past few days haven't been so great with seizures. It is hard to keep watching. On Wednesday while Oliver was having a seizure, one single tear ran down his little face. It broke my heart. After some of the seizures he is particularly disoriented. This week he has run into walls and banged his head on the floor in the postictal phase (after the seizure). These aftershocks, if you will, are challenging because Oliver is basically out of his mind and body. At 38 lbs it can be a bit overwhelming when he takes off running towards a wall. I would like to think I am fairly agile, (I am only 29) but, sometimes I feel like I am playing a contact sport.

I have started the process this week of trying to get Oliver declared, legally disabled. This is the first step to so many potential services. I had resisted this in the beginning because I didn't feel we needed the services, now I do. There is a program called CAP-C that we are in the very beginning stages of applying for. We are praying we are accepted and the wait list won't be too long. This program can offer hands-on help, such as a nurse or a nurses aid that will help with Oliver's ever growing health care needs. It would be a huge blessing, particularly in this difficult phase we are in right now. This "step" is painful yet, necessary.

Please pray for Oliver and for us! Oliver had 8 seizures yesterday and they really took a toll on him. He continues to cough and wheeze, which I had hoped would be resolved by now. If his wheezing is not improved tomorrow morning we have to go back to the hospital. Sigh.

No comments: