Saturday, June 25, 2011

We have a date!

Whew. Lots to update you all on.

I forgot to mention on the previous post that somewhere along the way on that shopping trip, Oliver lost his glasses. I envision him throwing twenty dollar bills out of the stroller, like confetti. Might as well have given him my wallet. Anyway we'll work on getting those replaced (sigh).

We have a date for Oliver's surgeries!!! They have decided that he will have two. The first surgery will take place August 16th. We talk to the neurosurgeon on Monday or Tuesday. I will post more of the nitty-gritty details once we've talked more extensively with her. We are so thankful there is finally a date!


Oliver's seizures have been very intense since Thursday. We have increased his medication. The combination of increased meds and lots of seizures is making Oliver a bit of a zombie. Poor little guy. He slept 14 hours last night and already is having trouble staying awake this morning. These seizures (with head drops) are so hard on him.

We had a fun time visiting some of my family, who were vacationing in Myrtle Beach. Oliver loved his first cousins, once removed, Alora (9) and Evan (7). They were so cute with Oliver :) We went to an indoor pool where the Chick-fil-a cow stopped by. We were all stunned when the cow cannon-balled into the pool. The kids LOVED it. We also went to an amusement park where Oliver had a great time on the rides.  












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would the glasses dilemna be aided if you put one of those strings on them (thats as clear as mud, huh?) The kind people put on their reading glasses. So when he takes them off they will be hanging around his neck.

Or a strap that goes behind his head like athletes wear. Although look like they would be terribly annoying. You'd probably have to show him lots of pictures of cool guys wearing them.

Poor kid. Poor Mom. I'm 55 and still lose my glasses. You may have to check behind the couch cushions and post a picture to rival that of the one Danielle just posted.

Anonymous said...

http://www.amblyopiakids.com/2009/06/keeping-kids-glasses-on-dish-on.html

Claudia said...

Glad for the updates Stephanie! I love your commentary. It makes me chuckle as I can just imagine all the antics. I hope you are able to chuckle, too.
We love you and our DAILY prayers continue. I wish for a miraculous healing...but if surgeries are in Gods grand plan, I'm sure he will be guiding everyone involved.

Mrs. M said...

LOL...Oh dear!
Last summer Rhett lost his glasses. We found them a WEEK later, buried in the sandbox with just the tip of one arm peeking out. I had checked there so many times too!!!
A date. Wow. That just makes things so real for all of you and puts so many wheels into motion. Good luck! May the medical team be open, kind, and of course knowledgeable. I wish you all peace and hope during this new journey. It is scary.
As I write this, there are only 20 min left before we depart for the hospital as Rhett is undergoing surgery today to have his right temporal lobe removed. It's with very mixed emotions that I start this day. The same emotions I'm sure that you are experiencing for Oliver.
Bless your little man, and you. May this journey take you to "the healing side" as my friend Danielle says.