Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Purple Day for Epilpesy Awareness


Last year, I wrote about purple day and all the emotions I had as I sifted through the lavender, periwinkle and eggplant colored clothes. As I re-read it this year, I feel the same way.

Indeed, attitude is everything.



There is one difference this year. Purple Day happens on the same night as the Make-A-Wish fundraising event for Wine, Women & Shoes. Tomorrow night hundreds of women will crowd into a room for wine, shoes, shopping, a fashion show, and a chance to give their support for kids with life threatening illnesses.

Lanier Property Group (LPG) (our real estate company) is the wine glass sponsor of the event. Everyone will have a glass in their hand with Oliver's last name. It just seems fitting that we'd sponsor an organization that captured our hearts and gave joy to our sweet Oliver. In our company of a dozen people, three of us have immediate family members who were impacted by Make-A-Wish.

We take giving back very seriously at LPG.



Purple Day also happens to fall on LPG's 3rd Birthday.  The birth of some new dreams for us as a family. March 26th means so much to us.

Tomorrow, I know my heart will feel tender. I'll be reminded that our lives are mere vapors.




Purple Day. Make-A-Wish. 3rd Birthday.

All in the same day.

So join me in wearing purple tomorrow?

For in the end,
we all have uncertain futures,
but we also have the breathtaking possibility of
dreams
coming
true.



No comments: