Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookies with Lily Kate


The other night I got to make Christmas cookies with my buddy, Lily Kate. What a fun Christmas activity :) She was really into making these cookies. She had an exact order that she wanted to do each cookie cutter. I appreciate how much she already has a sense of herself and how she wanted to cookies to look. They looked and tasted great which even the daddies appreciated!

I have loved watching Kate grow-up. I remember holding her in the hospital and now she is almost 4. I even remember the moment Liz told us she was pregnant, how it changed the whole dynamic of our friend group. How excited we all were for this new life. Of all the kids I have known I have have probably spent the most time with her (other than Oliver, obviously). We are peas in a pod- we play dress up, paint our nails (purple of course), bake and play "hair". I just love a chance to indulge in girly things every once in a while and Lily Kate is always a willing sidekick. What a blessing to get to love your friend's children and watch them grow.

1 comment:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

How special for LilyKate! You are a dream, Steph!