Thursday, December 16, 2010

Second Opinion

"Ollie's Lovey"

I decided last week that after we left the hospital and got through the weekend of parties I would email Boston for a second opinion regarding Oliver's EEG. Of course, the stomach bug attacked our house so I never got to it. Today I finally uploaded the videos and we are waiting to hear Dr. Theile's opinion. We are hoping she might be able to provide more clarity for us. I don't like the idea that Oliver may be having Infantile Spasms- that we "can't rule it out."

My hope in going to Boston in October was to be able to do this very thing- get a second opinion when we needed one. The nature of TSC is mysterious and a second opinion seems wise to me right now. I am glad we have this relationship in place and I am thankful for Dr. Theile's expertise. Jan, Dr. Theile's nurse, said she will likely call our doctor to create a game plan after she reviews the videos. I hope their communication goes well because we'd really like our local UNC doc to build a good rapport with the Boston team.

Stomach Bug Update:
Oliver is on the mend and I am almost 100%. So far Andrew is free of sickness- Thank you Lord!


No comments: