Monday, January 10, 2011

Love is in the Air...Already

I really, really love holidays. I think being born on Halloween is what made me this way? Every year around this time I notice how "naked" my house looks once the Christmas decorations are removed. It is like taking off the house's party clothes. So, each year I start wanting to put out the Valentine's decorations earlier and earlier. This year I think I really jumped the gun.

The other day when I went to Teeter, I realized they didn't even have out their Valentine's Day candy. I mean can you believe that? It was already January 8th, 37 days til V-day, and they didn't have a display? Are you kidding? I was righteously indignant.

Andrew said "Babe, this year you beat the marketers...I mean, that is quite an accomplishment!" He is completely right, those folks at the Teeter need to get on the stick! Where are some conversation hearts when you need them? Now that I've mentioned it, I know you want to rush out and flood your house with construction paper hearts, a chubby cupid and of course, a heart shaped wreath with matching door mat.

No comments: