Tuesday, February 8, 2011

D-Day (Diet Day!) Round 1

It is 7:57 AM and we've officially started the diet (gulp). The first meal didn't go as planned. Big surprise, right? When did Oliver stop liking eggs with cheese? We started off strong with him sucking down his "milk" AKA 2 oz. of heavy cream. As far as the eggs go there were loud shouts of "NO!" So the first meal wasn't a success, guess it is normal to strike out the first time.

Hopefully snack will go better. At least the heavy cream was a success! Who knew? Oliver even asked for more :)



Here is my set-up for the diet. We traded out the old banana hook for the food scale (bananas aren't on the diet). Sad since they are the most convenient and cheap fruit ever. Then the tray-o-medicene. We've got 3 seizure meds and 2 breathing meds. Lastly, my laptop for counting every single thing OT consumes. I'm trying to figure out a system for all this math. Funny how I avoided math like the plague in college and grad school and now it is my main brain activity of the day :)

I'm going to go look for my big girl panties...

1 comment:

Annetta said...

Hey Stephanie,
I hope the diet is going well! Will try to send you an e-mail this weekend. Netta has been sick, so it has been crazy lately. I was wondering if you are on any of the yahoo groups for IS or TS. They have been invaluable to me! Sending you all live and prayers for success!
-Annetta