Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Daily Update


Oliver's head was rewrapped. It came off. Now the head wrap is gone and the incision is uncovered. I get more and more used to it. It isn't all that bad...

This morning Andrew and I went to the Farrell’s for a shower and to do some laundry. Just walking in their house led us both to sigh out loud.

We returned and took what we had intended to be a 2 hour nap that turned into a 4 ½ hour nap. We sadly missed a visit from Beth (a Boston friend) and the good people of Chick-fil-a who brought tons of yummy food for us and the staff. I thought I would burst out into song after my first sip of sweet tea – y'all I have missed that stuff!

Oliver the wild thing has returned. He has been going bananas in the bed all evening. He is mostly comfortable as long as he has pain meds and the itching is controlled. After being hooked up to so much for so long we are grateful that tonight he only has a pulse-ox and one IV.

We have heard him say more words today, however there are many more we want to hear! We are thankful for every single one that reappears!

We have not seen any seizures as of yet. This is VERY promising. We are cautiously optimistic and also exuberantly thankful.

In other news we've reverted to the prune juice trick of last week. 16 ounces later no results. We don't want to leave the hospital until we get his digestive system back on track. So, if you aren't totally grossed out by it, pray Oliver would poop :) Sorry I had to go there but, we know each other pretty well, right?

As I write this, Oliver is still awake (10:45 pm). Will we ever get him back on his schedule? We are hoping for a restful night, but this is a hospital after all where alarms and interruptions are part of the experience. I am pining for my own bed right now, my quiet neighborhood and the comforting alarm of my coffee machine that doesn't ding until I want it to :)

We miss you all and can't wait to hug your necks! We continue to be grateful for your prayers. If you still have the energy (after that somewhat tacky prayer request above) please pray for a swift recovery and NO SEIZURES!

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. AMEN!

Peace to you tonight....

No comments: